If you are looking for a quick and easy meal and a way to jazz up three simple things try this recipe.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.)
Heat oven to 400°F. Mix cheese, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Moisten chicken with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in single layer in shallow baking dish. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
Parmesan Herb Carrot Fries
- 3 large carrots, peeled, quartered, and cut into equally sized quarter-inch thick strips
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the carrot strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet so that no two are overlapping. Using a basting brush, coat the tops of each strip with the olive oil. Sprinkle the thyme and garlic over the fries. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the fries about 10-12 minutes, or until the fries are easily pierced with a fork. Immediately after removing from the oven, sprinkle the fries with parmesan. Serve.
Parmesan Hasselback Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium Potatoes, cleaned & leave skins on
- 4 cloves of Garlic, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan Cheese (have some additional for sprinkling as a garnish)
- chopped Chives for garnish
Pre heat oven to 425 F with rack in the middle of the oven. Lay potatoes flat on cutting board and starting from one end of the potato, make slits about 3-4mm apart. Cut to about 1/4 inch from the base of the potato. Be careful not to slice all the way through. The potato will fan out a bit as it bakes.
Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Carefully insert pinches of this mixture in between the slits of the potatoes. Rub the outsides of the potatoes with residual oil. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes. The inside should be cooked through and the outside of the potato should be a bit crispy. Garnish with additional salt, smoked paprika, pepper, Parmesan and chives.