A simple quick meal with a bit of kick (or not if you choose not to use Sriracha). Pairs perfectly with a Gamay or Baco Noir.
For the Quinoa:
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups veggie or chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups mixed veggies– ie. red pepper, carrot, peapods, mushrooms, frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Oil for pan, about 1-2 teaspoons
- 2 eggs beaten with a splash of water
- Green onions & Sriracha to garnish
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce, to taste
For the Beef and Broccoli:
- ¾-1 pounds of beef
- 3-4 cups chopped broccoli florets. Fresh or frozen.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup teriyaki + 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil + 1 teaspoon sesame oil
To make the quinoa, In a sauce pan, add oil and quinoa. Toast on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Toss in garlic clove and stock. Bubble on low heat for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork and remove garlic and ginger. Place in fridge until ready to use.
Chop all veggies. Heat a wok over medium high heat. Circle with enough oil to cover pan—about 1 teaspoon. Add egg and cook like an omelet, seasoning with Sriracha. Remove from pan and slice in ribbons for later. Add veggies to pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic. Shake in soy sauce, to taste. I tend to use around 1 tablespoon. Add quinoa and toss with veggies for a minute. Mix in cooked egg and sprinkle with green onions and Sriracha.
To make the Beef and Broccoli – Melt coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds with the honey. Mix everything together in the bowl. Slice the beef in ¼ inch cuts. Marinade the beef for at least 2 hours.
Combine everything for the sauce together and mix well. Remove the marinated beef from the fridge. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Heat the wok to medium high (same one as quinoa! No need to mess up another pan!), circle some canola oil to coat pan. Add beef and any extra marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Pour in sauce to coat beef and broccoli. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.