Place egg whites in a large clean stainless steel bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff peak forms.
2. Place meringue mixture in pastry bag with star tip. Pipe meringue onto parchment paper to form eight nests
3. Bake at 275° until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 45 minutes.
4. While Meringue is in oven, prepare the fruit salad;
dice melon and mix berries.
5. Whip cream in clean bowl with vanilla sugar until soft peaks form
5. Place Fruit salad in nests and top with whipped cream
6. Share with all your new friends